The app is an interactive field guide to butterflies. Wondering what that butterfly in your front yard is? Just enter a few variables, such as your location, the habitat and the color, and the app will give you options on what it could be.
The app's pretty easy to use, and it's absolutely beautiful. The color photos are stunning. Even if you never use it to ID and butterfly, it's fun to look at.
Find it here:
Get more details on the app's site.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Celebrate anniversary of historic Everest climb Sep. 14
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
- Find a wealth of hikes and backpacks near N. Fork Skykomish Sep. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.