The app is an interactive field guide to butterflies. Wondering what that butterfly in your front yard is? Just enter a few variables, such as your location, the habitat and the color, and the app will give you options on what it could be.
The app's pretty easy to use, and it's absolutely beautiful. The color photos are stunning. Even if you never use it to ID and butterfly, it's fun to look at.
Find it here:
Get more details on the app's site.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.