New Mountlake Terrace city manager to start Monday
The City Council selected Fisher in late January and approved her contract Feb. 18.
Fisher replaces interim City Manager Scott Hugill, who has been filling in since former City Manager John Caulfield left in early September to become city manager in the Pierce County city of Lakewood.
The council interviewed Fisher and two other finalists before selecting Fisher, who is city administrator in the Spokane-County city of Cheney, which has a mayor-council form of government as opposed to Mountlake Terrace’s council-manager form.
The three finalists, who came from a national search, all were from Washington state. They included Fisher from Cheney; Subir Mukerjee, city administrator for the city of Milton in south King County; and Phil Messina, who most recently served as city manager of Ridgefield in southwest Washington. Hugill was not a candidate.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.