COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — Two adults and six children needed to be treated at a hospital following an apartment fire in Coeur d’Alene.
Authorities say a 29-year-old woman and 28-year-old man have been transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after suffering burns and smoke inhalation during the Friday morning fire.
Officials say the six children have been treated for smoke inhalation and released from Kootenai Health.
Fire officials say the fire started when a log rolled out of a fireplace and ignited the carpet and furniture.
Fire officials say 12 people and two dogs had to be evacuated from four apartments.
More Northwest Headlines
Report: Pfizer, Allergan close to $150B merger deal 5:04 p.m. Kent woman arrested after 24 pounds of meth found in car in Eugene 4:46 p.m. Quinault Nation opens crab fishery around Grays Harbor 3:42 p.m. State shaping new rules to guide oil transport 5 people sent to hospital after Seattle shooting 2 Yale students from Pacific Northwest are Rhodes scholars Maple Valley Highway closed as dangerous trees removed Bow hunter missing in Grant County
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.