COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — Two adults and six children needed to be treated at a hospital following an apartment fire in Coeur d’Alene.
Authorities say a 29-year-old woman and 28-year-old man have been transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after suffering burns and smoke inhalation during the Friday morning fire.
Officials say the six children have been treated for smoke inhalation and released from Kootenai Health.
Fire officials say the fire started when a log rolled out of a fireplace and ignited the carpet and furniture.
Fire officials say 12 people and two dogs had to be evacuated from four apartments.
More Northwest Headlines
Tourists flee Chelan wildfire; firefighting system ‘pretty tapped’ 2:02 p.m. Investigation: Army sergeant showed signs of potential violence 3:02 p.m. State's prepaid tuition plan frozen for up to 2 years 4:41 p.m. Fish die as vegetable oil runoff from fire enters creek near Winlock 4:58 p.m. Wenatchee state senator loses weekend cabin to Chelan wildfire 3:58 p.m. Arrest warrant issued for Puyallup mom of missing newborn 2:27 p.m. Transportation levy opponents file suit over Seattle ballot language 1:55 p.m. Coroner identifies 2 victims of plane crash near Oroville
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.