The closure applies to the area between mileposts 58 to 64.5. The highway is projected to reopen at 1 p.m., according to the transportation department.
The Stevens Pass ski area is closed for the day because of the road closure and avalanche conditions, according to the resort website. One lift, Hogsback, remains open for those who made it there before the road closure.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
- A source for answers to some tolling questions Nov. 11
- New pedestrian-friendly traffic signal serves Interurban Trail Nov. 10
- How to have your say in the future of public transportation Nov. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.