The closure applies to the area between mileposts 58 to 64.5. The highway is projected to reopen at 1 p.m., according to the transportation department.
The Stevens Pass ski area is closed for the day because of the road closure and avalanche conditions, according to the resort website. One lift, Hogsback, remains open for those who made it there before the road closure.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Road near Lake Serene to close for two days Oct. 8
- State to wait and see on I-405 toll lanes at difficult Highway 522 merge Oct. 8
- Free right turn exacerbates Mukilteo ferry backups Oct. 7
- A mostly smooth transition to express-lane tolling on I-405 Oct. 6
- Students get ready for Walk to School Day Oct. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.