The closure applies to the area between mileposts 58 to 64.5. The highway is projected to reopen at 1 p.m., according to the transportation department.
The Stevens Pass ski area is closed for the day because of the road closure and avalanche conditions, according to the resort website. One lift, Hogsback, remains open for those who made it there before the road closure.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Some changes, more waiting for new I-405 bottleneck Nov. 23
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.