Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife
The guided tours take place from noon to 3:30 p.m. March 15 and 16 at Lake Sammamish State Park, 2000 NW Sammamish Road, Issaquah, and registration is being taken now by Kayak Academy at 206-527-1825 or online at KayakAcademy.com.
Paddlers can expect to see herons, bald eagles and red-tailed hawks, as well as other waterfowl, as they travel along the shore of the lake and up part of Issaquah Creek.
A state park ranger will give a short presentation on the heronries found in the Seattle area.
The registration fee is $18. Sit-upon kayak rentals are $12 for a single and $15 for a double or triple.
Free dry suits and life jackets will be provided as well as spotting scopes, but participants are encouraged to bring their own binoculars.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Kayakers will get rare chance to play on Sultan River in late April March 24
- Sometimes, it's good to suffer on a hike March 24
- Mount Rainier National Park announces planned opening dates March 24
- DNR to boost recreation opportunities near Snoqualmie Pass March 23
- See elevated nature trail before it opens to the public March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.