I had never visited the capitol before and was truly blown away by its architectural beauty. The tour began in a reception room that was wall-to-wall marble. Later on we visited the House, the Senate and the governor's conference room. The tour guides did a great job keeping young children entertained while also teaching them about government and state history.
I almost didn't go on this field trip because I was put off by the two-hour drive through Seattle work traffic. But I'm so glad I made the journey! It was like being a tourist in my own state.
So if you ever get the chance to chaperone a field trip to Olympia, be sure to sign up. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Blogs and social media are great ways to find your voice Aug. 16
- Dining with happy kids can be one frightful experience Aug. 9
- Breasts made for babies, so chill out Aug. 2
- School is right around the corner, so have fun while the sun shines July 26
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.