Field tripping to the capitol
I had never visited the capitol before and was truly blown away by its architectural beauty. The tour began in a reception room that was wall-to-wall marble. Later on we visited the House, the Senate and the governor's conference room. The tour guides did a great job keeping young children entertained while also teaching them about government and state history.
I almost didn't go on this field trip because I was put off by the two-hour drive through Seattle work traffic. But I'm so glad I made the journey! It was like being a tourist in my own state.
So if you ever get the chance to chaperone a field trip to Olympia, be sure to sign up. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
- Discovering the magic of Disney through kids’ eyes Dec. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.