Seahawks tendered RFA WR Doug Baldwin at a 2nd round level ($2.187M)After safety Earl Thomas congratulated Baldwin for a contract extension, Baldwin corrected his teammate.
— Brian McIntyre (@brian_mcintyre) March 7, 2014
Thanks for the love peeps. However, I have not been signed to an extension. I’ve just been tagged with the 2nd round tender. More to come.With Baldwin being one of Seattle's most productive receivers since signing with the Seahawks in 2011 as an undrafted free agent, there had been some thought that Seattle might have used the first-round tender to deter teams from making a move for Baldwin. Doing so would mean paying Baldwin $3.113 million in 2014. While it's hard to envision any team giving up a first-round pick to sign Baldwin, who had 51 catches for 788 yards and four touchdowns last season, it's not inconceivable that a team in need at receiver might be willing to part with a second-round pick, particularly if it's a team picking later in that round.
— Doug Baldwin Jr (@DougBaldwinJr) March 7, 2014
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.