Seahawks tendered RFA WR Doug Baldwin at a 2nd round level ($2.187M)After safety Earl Thomas congratulated Baldwin for a contract extension, Baldwin corrected his teammate.
— Brian McIntyre (@brian_mcintyre) March 7, 2014
Thanks for the love peeps. However, I have not been signed to an extension. I’ve just been tagged with the 2nd round tender. More to come.With Baldwin being one of Seattle's most productive receivers since signing with the Seahawks in 2011 as an undrafted free agent, there had been some thought that Seattle might have used the first-round tender to deter teams from making a move for Baldwin. Doing so would mean paying Baldwin $3.113 million in 2014. While it's hard to envision any team giving up a first-round pick to sign Baldwin, who had 51 catches for 788 yards and four touchdowns last season, it's not inconceivable that a team in need at receiver might be willing to part with a second-round pick, particularly if it's a team picking later in that round.
— Doug Baldwin Jr (@DougBaldwinJr) March 7, 2014
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
- Russell Wilson's agent talks contract negotiations on 710 ESPN Seattle May 28
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.