Seahawks re-sign Jeanpierre and Johnson
Jeanpierre, who was signed to Seattle’s practice squad in 2010, has started eight games with Seattle, including three at center for an injured Max Unger in 2013.
Johnson, who signed with Seattle as an undrafted free agent in 2013, has played mostly on special teams while serving as Kam Chancellor’s backup at strong safety. He ended 2013 on injured reserve.
The Seahawks reportedly placed a second-round tender on Johnson, who was a restricted free agent, earlier this week.
"We are pleased to sign two players that were part of a special championship season," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a release. "Lem has performed well when called upon in starting opportunities and we are excited to have him be a part of our 2014 season going forward, while Jeron brings physicality and toughness that plays a key role in our special teams unit."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- O'Brien Schofield signs with Falcons March 12
- Jimmy Graham talks about being traded to the Seahawks March 12
- Report: Stefen Wisniewski, a possible Max Unger replacement, will visit Seahawks March 11
- John Schneider talks some more about the Jimmy Graham trade on 710 ESPN Seattle March 11
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider discuss the Jimmy Graham trade March 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.