The helicopter team is someone you never want to need. If you do, though, you'll be very grateful they exist.
A couple events are coming up where you can support the team.
First, on Tuesday, March 11, see "Gorging: A Canyoneering Documentary" at 7:30 p.m. at Second Ascent in Seattle. Donations at the event will support the helicopter team. The documentary explores canyoneering through the stories of four different canyoneers. Get more info here.
Second, on Saturday, April 19, is the Support the Last Resort fundraiser dinner and auction at the Mountaineers program Center in Seattle. Get all the details and buy tickets, or simply donate, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.