The helicopter team is someone you never want to need. If you do, though, you'll be very grateful they exist.
A couple events are coming up where you can support the team.
First, on Tuesday, March 11, see "Gorging: A Canyoneering Documentary" at 7:30 p.m. at Second Ascent in Seattle. Donations at the event will support the helicopter team. The documentary explores canyoneering through the stories of four different canyoneers. Get more info here.
Second, on Saturday, April 19, is the Support the Last Resort fundraiser dinner and auction at the Mountaineers program Center in Seattle. Get all the details and buy tickets, or simply donate, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- WDFW offers hunter education class for women, girls only Oct. 26
- Photos and video: Drone captures stunning images of local orcas Oct. 23
- Why the Everett wastewater treatment plant is totally worth a visit Oct. 20
- Upcoming outdoor events in Snohomish County and nearby Oct. 18
- Take an interactive trek across Mars with NASA and 'The Martian' Oct. 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.