The helicopter team is someone you never want to need. If you do, though, you'll be very grateful they exist.
A couple events are coming up where you can support the team.
First, on Tuesday, March 11, see "Gorging: A Canyoneering Documentary" at 7:30 p.m. at Second Ascent in Seattle. Donations at the event will support the helicopter team. The documentary explores canyoneering through the stories of four different canyoneers. Get more info here.
Second, on Saturday, April 19, is the Support the Last Resort fundraiser dinner and auction at the Mountaineers program Center in Seattle. Get all the details and buy tickets, or simply donate, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Celebrate anniversary of historic Everest climb Sep. 14
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
- Find a wealth of hikes and backpacks near N. Fork Skykomish Sep. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.