The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Officials: Fire crews followed protocol in Kennewick blaze

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY  |  COMMENTS
Associated Press
Published:
KENNEWICK — Fire officials say Kennewick fire crews followed department protocol before they left the scene of an apartment fire last month that eventually rekindled.
The Tri-City Herald reported that the investigation into two fires Feb. 12 found firefighters made sure the first blaze was out before leaving.
No residents were injured. One firefighter was treated at a local hospital.
Kennewick Fire Chief Neil Hines says there were no breaches of fire department policy.
The first blaze started shortly before 8:45 p.m. The fire was under control within an hour and the last fire truck left the scene at 11:18 p.m.
Crews were called back around 3 a.m. as a second fire engulfed the building’s roof.
Officials said the second fire started somewhere in the attic.
Story tags » FireKennewick

More Northwest Headlines

NEWSLETTER

HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates

Calendar

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus