TE Jermichael Finley to visit Seahawks
Jermichael Finley's first visit is set to be the Seattle #Seahawks, per source.If healthy, Finley would without a doubt be one of the top pass catchers in free agency, but the former Packer suffered a frightening neck injury last October that not only ended his season, but left his career very much in doubt. Finley wrote about his recovery last fall for TheMMQB.com. That same website has a good story updating his progress.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 11, 2014
Finley caught 55 or more passes in three of the previous four seasons before 2013, though it's worth noting that his production wouldn't likely be the same in Seattle as it was in Packers offense that throws much more frequently.
While Finley isn't as good of a blocker as Seattle's current starting TE, Zach Miller, he could provide a less expensive option at the position along with McCoy and Luke Willson if the Seahawks decide they can't afford to keep Miller, who is due $5.8 million in 2014.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks Irvin, Bennett fined for Super Bowl scuffle Feb. 6
- Seahawks sign G/C Jared Wheeler Feb. 6
- Seahawks S Earl Thomas has torn labrum, will have surgery Feb. 5
- Pete Carroll on the Today Show: ‘Think how strong we’ll be coming out of this’ Feb. 5
- Richard Sherman’s son arrives four days after Super Bowl Feb. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.