TE Jermichael Finley to visit Seahawks
Jermichael Finley's first visit is set to be the Seattle #Seahawks, per source.If healthy, Finley would without a doubt be one of the top pass catchers in free agency, but the former Packer suffered a frightening neck injury last October that not only ended his season, but left his career very much in doubt. Finley wrote about his recovery last fall for TheMMQB.com. That same website has a good story updating his progress.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 11, 2014
Finley caught 55 or more passes in three of the previous four seasons before 2013, though it's worth noting that his production wouldn't likely be the same in Seattle as it was in Packers offense that throws much more frequently.
While Finley isn't as good of a blocker as Seattle's current starting TE, Zach Miller, he could provide a less expensive option at the position along with McCoy and Luke Willson if the Seahawks decide they can't afford to keep Miller, who is due $5.8 million in 2014.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.