Jermichael Finley's first visit is set to be the Seattle #Seahawks, per source.If healthy, Finley would without a doubt be one of the top pass catchers in free agency, but the former Packer suffered a frightening neck injury last October that not only ended his season, but left his career very much in doubt. Finley wrote about his recovery last fall for TheMMQB.com. That same website has a good story updating his progress.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 11, 2014
Finley caught 55 or more passes in three of the previous four seasons before 2013, though it's worth noting that his production wouldn't likely be the same in Seattle as it was in Packers offense that throws much more frequently.
While Finley isn't as good of a blocker as Seattle's current starting TE, Zach Miller, he could provide a less expensive option at the position along with McCoy and Luke Willson if the Seahawks decide they can't afford to keep Miller, who is due $5.8 million in 2014.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- It's official, Fred Jackson is a Seahawk Sep. 7
- Former UW receivers Smith, Williams signed to Seahawks practice squad Sep. 6
- Seahawks trade RB Michael to Cowboys for draft pick Sep. 6
- Seahawks cut Blackmon, put Turbin on IR, acquire S McCray Sep. 5
- Reports: Seahawks reach deal with RB Fred Jackson (update with Turbin waived) Sep. 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.