George resigned effective Feb. 1 after more than 12 years on the Board. He had been re-elected in November to a third six-year term. His replacement will serve through November 2015, when an election will fill the last four years of the term.
District officials say that the Board intends to fill the vacancy before the end of April.
The four current commissioners have until May 2 to fill the vacancy. If no applicant gets votes from at least three of the four commissioners, the five-member Snohomish County Council will have 90 days to fill the vacancy.
The District includes Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, and parts of Bothell, Edmonds, Mill Creek and Mukilteo.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Introductory statement from Fire District 1 candidate Erica Ash Sep. 16
- Apology for mistake in introduction of charter-review candidates Sep. 16
- Introductory statement from Lynnwood Council challenger Shannon Sessions Sep. 14
- Introductory statement from Brier Council incumbent Steele Sep. 11
- Introductory statements from Terrace Council incumbent Sonmore and challenger Barnes Sep. 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.