Wednesday Seahawks free agency tracker
I'll update moves throughout the day below:
Seahawks free agents leaving: DT Clinton McDonald signed with Tampa Bay on Tuesday, while LB/DE O'Brien Schofield signed with the New York Giants. S Chris Maragos signed with Philadelphia Tuesday. WR Golden Tate signed with Detroit Wednesday. Starting right tackle Breno Giacomini agreed to a deal with the New York Jets Wednesday evening, the team announced.
Seahawks free agents staying: DE Michael Bennett re-signed Monday, TE Anthony McCoy re-signed Tuesday. Starting DT Tony McDaniel has agreed to a two-year deal worth $6.3 million accoding to multiple reports. Backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson wrote on Twitter late Wednesday night that he is coming back.
New free agent signings: The Seahawks have agreed to terms on a deal with free agent WR Taylor Price, a third-round pick in 2010 who has missed the last two seasons with foot injury. Price has a lot of athletic upside, but little production in his NFL career.
Cap casualties: DE Chris Clemons was released Wednesday in a move that had been expected. DE Red Bryant was released earlier this month and has since signed with Jacksonville. WR Sidney Rice was released at the same time and remains unsigned.
Reports, rumors, visits, etc.: Vikings DE Jared Allen, Cowboys DT Jason Hatcher and Packers TE Jermichael Finley are all scheduled to visit Seattle. Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond is visiting the Jaguars. CB Brandon Browner is reportedly taking his first free agency visit to New England.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
- Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski playing 'Mortal Kombat' is comedy gold Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.