In case you're wondering, the ship graveyard is a breakwater of sorts made using old ships. It's fascinating and eerie.
And about that bird, because once you watch the video I'm sure you'll want to know, Kirk set it on a protected area on the shore.
And here's another Kirk video, this one from the Deception Pass Dash. See even more at standuppaddletheworld.com.
Deception Pass Dash 2013 from Darrell Kirk on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Enjoy a low-key family weekend at Buck Creek Campground July 26
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.