Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard
In case you're wondering, the ship graveyard is a breakwater of sorts made using old ships. It's fascinating and eerie.
And about that bird, because once you watch the video I'm sure you'll want to know, Kirk set it on a protected area on the shore.
And here's another Kirk video, this one from the Deception Pass Dash. See even more at standuppaddletheworld.com.
Deception Pass Dash 2013 from Darrell Kirk on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Kayakers will get rare chance to play on Sultan River in late April March 24
- Sometimes, it's good to suffer on a hike March 24
- Mount Rainier National Park announces planned opening dates March 24
- DNR to boost recreation opportunities near Snoqualmie Pass March 23
- See elevated nature trail before it opens to the public March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.