In case you're wondering, the ship graveyard is a breakwater of sorts made using old ships. It's fascinating and eerie.
And about that bird, because once you watch the video I'm sure you'll want to know, Kirk set it on a protected area on the shore.
And here's another Kirk video, this one from the Deception Pass Dash. See even more at standuppaddletheworld.com.
Deception Pass Dash 2013 from Darrell Kirk on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Edmonds endurance hiker went off trail to train for record-setting hike Nov. 25
- Stevens Pass purchases snow maker for base area Nov. 24
- Tips to stay safe while playing outside in winter Nov. 20
- Storm damaged many national forest trails and roads Nov. 20
- Mount Baker Ski Area to open on Thursday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.