In case you're wondering, the ship graveyard is a breakwater of sorts made using old ships. It's fascinating and eerie.
And about that bird, because once you watch the video I'm sure you'll want to know, Kirk set it on a protected area on the shore.
And here's another Kirk video, this one from the Deception Pass Dash. See even more at standuppaddletheworld.com.
Deception Pass Dash 2013 from Darrell Kirk on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
- Celebrate anniversary of historic Everest climb Sep. 14
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.