Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard
In case you're wondering, the ship graveyard is a breakwater of sorts made using old ships. It's fascinating and eerie.
And about that bird, because once you watch the video I'm sure you'll want to know, Kirk set it on a protected area on the shore.
And here's another Kirk video, this one from the Deception Pass Dash. See even more at standuppaddletheworld.com.
Deception Pass Dash 2013 from Darrell Kirk on Vimeo.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Andy Porter will teach classes on nature photography in Marysville April 20
- See art and adventure meet at book release, film showing April 17
- Ice caves trail, parking lots will be closed Saturday morning April 16
- National parks will be free this weekend April 16
- 2 Stevens Pass lifts will be open through Wednesday April 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.