Bingham, of Camano Island, plans to climb five world-class mountains, ending with Mount Everest, while raising money for the Children's Cancer Association. I wrote about Bingham and his plans a few months ago.
Right now, Bingham is putting together a July trip to Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest point in Africa. The climb and safari are open to the public. Ten climbers will be able to join him, with Ian Taylor Trekking, on a 7-day climb and a 3-day safari. The climb is non-technical and no prior climbing experience is necessary. The cost is $4,550 and includes all land costs once in Africa as well as some equipment.
You can get more details on the trip here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.