Local climber invites others to join trek to Kilimanjaro for charity
Bingham, of Camano Island, plans to climb five world-class mountains, ending with Mount Everest, while raising money for the Children's Cancer Association. I wrote about Bingham and his plans a few months ago.
Right now, Bingham is putting together a July trip to Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest point in Africa. The climb and safari are open to the public. Ten climbers will be able to join him, with Ian Taylor Trekking, on a 7-day climb and a 3-day safari. The climb is non-technical and no prior climbing experience is necessary. The cost is $4,550 and includes all land costs once in Africa as well as some equipment.
You can get more details on the trip here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Fly-fishing show in Lynnwood on Feb. 14-15 Feb. 6
- The sound a wolverine makes will chill your blood Feb. 5
- Protection for remote Illabot Creek will pay dividends downstream Feb. 3
- Two ice climbers make first ascent of Niagara Falls Jan. 30
- Wildlife up close, fishing meeting, eagle fest, and more outdoor events Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.