Seahawks re-sign K Steven Hauschka
Update: The Seahawks have now announced the signing.
Seahawks re-sign K Steven Hauschka. #NFLFreeAgency pic.twitter.com/YU6hKy9gfyAccording to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is worth $9.15 million over three years with $3.35 million guaranteed.
— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) March 17, 2014
Hauschka, who took over Seattle's kicking job in 2011, enjoyed his best season last year, making 33 of 35 attempts (one miss was a block), all 44 extra point attempts, and touchbacks on 51 percent of his kickoffs.
Hauschka is the fifth Seahawk to re-sign in free agency along with DE Michael Bennett, TE Anthony McCoy, DT Tony McDaniel and QB Tarvaris Jackson. Free agents Clinton McDonald, Chris Maragos, Golden Tate, Breno Giacomini and Brandon Browner have all signed with other teams in free agency, while the Seahawks released Chris Clemons, Red Bryant and Sidney Rice in cost-cutting moves.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign LB Wright to four-year extension Dec. 18
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson reportedly changing agents Dec. 17
- Seahawks-Cardinals Wednesday injury report Dec. 17
- Russell Okung "still in the mix" for this week, and other Seahawks injury updates Dec. 17
- Mariners acquire OF Justin Ruggiano from Cubs Dec. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.