Seahawks re-sign K Steven Hauschka
Update: The Seahawks have now announced the signing.
Seahawks re-sign K Steven Hauschka. #NFLFreeAgency pic.twitter.com/YU6hKy9gfyAccording to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is worth $9.15 million over three years with $3.35 million guaranteed.
— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) March 17, 2014
Hauschka, who took over Seattle's kicking job in 2011, enjoyed his best season last year, making 33 of 35 attempts (one miss was a block), all 44 extra point attempts, and touchbacks on 51 percent of his kickoffs.
Hauschka is the fifth Seahawk to re-sign in free agency along with DE Michael Bennett, TE Anthony McCoy, DT Tony McDaniel and QB Tarvaris Jackson. Free agents Clinton McDonald, Chris Maragos, Golden Tate, Breno Giacomini and Brandon Browner have all signed with other teams in free agency, while the Seahawks released Chris Clemons, Red Bryant and Sidney Rice in cost-cutting moves.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Steve Ballmer breaks camera, wins closest-to-the pin contest Aug. 20
- Notes from Seahawks coordinators Darrell Bevell and Dan Quinn Aug. 19
- NFL expands practice squad size from 8 to 10 Aug. 19
- Two linebackers return to action and other Monday Seahawks notes Aug. 18
- Notes and quotes from Seahawks 41, Chargers 14 Aug. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.