Allen also visited Dallas earlier in the week, but the Cowboys signed defensive tackle Henry Melton, and have little cap space available after doing so.
Allen, who turns 32 next month, would upgrade what figures to be a strong pass rush even without any new additions. He would represent a very nice option to take over for Chris Clemons, who was released earlier this month.
Allen has 128.5 career sacks, and has had double-digit sack totals in seven straight seasons, including 11.5 last year. Allen also hasn’t missed a game in the past six seasons.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.