Report: DE Jared Allen coming for a second Seahawks visit
Allen also visited Dallas earlier in the week, but the Cowboys signed defensive tackle Henry Melton, and have little cap space available after doing so.
Allen, who turns 32 next month, would upgrade what figures to be a strong pass rush even without any new additions. He would represent a very nice option to take over for Chris Clemons, who was released earlier this month.
Allen has 128.5 career sacks, and has had double-digit sack totals in seven straight seasons, including 11.5 last year. Allen also hasn’t missed a game in the past six seasons.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks injury updates: Okung and Unger won't play, but Sweezy will Dec. 19
- Seahawks sign DE Cliff Avril to a four-year contract extension Dec. 19
- Seahawks Thursday injury report: three of five starting linemen still sitting out Dec. 18
- K.J. Wright on new contract with Seahawks: 'this just feels like home.' Dec. 18
- Seahawks sign LB Wright to four-year extension Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.