Report: DE Jared Allen coming for a second Seahawks visit
Allen also visited Dallas earlier in the week, but the Cowboys signed defensive tackle Henry Melton, and have little cap space available after doing so.
Allen, who turns 32 next month, would upgrade what figures to be a strong pass rush even without any new additions. He would represent a very nice option to take over for Chris Clemons, who was released earlier this month.
Allen has 128.5 career sacks, and has had double-digit sack totals in seven straight seasons, including 11.5 last year. Allen also hasn’t missed a game in the past six seasons.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.