The Snohomish County Sherrifs's Office said the incident occurred before day break along 164th near 36th Avenue W. The pedestrian was taken to an area hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Some lanes of 164th Street SW were closed for the accident investigation.
UPDATE 8 a.m.: The road was partially closed for about two hours following the 6 a.m. accident.
No information was immediately available about the injured pedestrian. He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with serious injuries, sheriff's office spokeswoman Shari Ireton said.
The car's driver, 48, was said to be cooperating with detectives from the sheriff's Collision Investigation Unit. The accident's cause had not been determined by mid morning.
UPDATE 11 a.m: "Witnesses say the pedestrian was crossing against the light," Ireton said.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Edmonds police release video related to weekend shooting Aug. 18
- Tips help rescuers find hiker in Glacier Peak Wilderness Aug. 18
- Everett man struck by car in stable condition Aug. 18
- Edmonds police investigating Saturday shooting; no one hurt Aug. 17
- 18-year-old in custody after Everett shooting of 15-year-old Aug. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.