Here’s how the NFL determines picks, per a press release from the league: “Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.”
The Baltimore Ravens received four picks after losing several key free agents following a Super Bowl run. Considering the amount of players the Seahawks have lost compared to signed this offseason, most notably leading receiver Golden Tate, the Seahawks will likely receive multiple compensatory picks a year from now.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.