No compensatory picks for the Seahawks
Here’s how the NFL determines picks, per a press release from the league: “Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.”
The Baltimore Ravens received four picks after losing several key free agents following a Super Bowl run. Considering the amount of players the Seahawks have lost compared to signed this offseason, most notably leading receiver Golden Tate, the Seahawks will likely receive multiple compensatory picks a year from now.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Tuesday Seahawks links: Kam vs. Gronk? LOB on the cover of SI and more Jan. 27
- Seahawks player quotes from Monday of Super Bowl week Jan. 26
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.