Here’s how the NFL determines picks, per a press release from the league: “Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.”
The Baltimore Ravens received four picks after losing several key free agents following a Super Bowl run. Considering the amount of players the Seahawks have lost compared to signed this offseason, most notably leading receiver Golden Tate, the Seahawks will likely receive multiple compensatory picks a year from now.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Earl Thomas, Kris Richard on effort and chemistry Nov. 19
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson speaks about distractions Nov. 19
- Earl Thomas talks about struggles, foundation work with ADHD Nov. 19
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on the Matthews/Smith switch Nov. 18
- Seahawks injury update: LB Bruce Irvin out for Sunday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.