Report: Kam Chancellor to have minor hip surgery... Or not?
UPDATE: Chancellor said via Twitter that he isn't having surgery, so perhaps no need to read on any further.
Huh? No surgery here. Ready to Win pic.twitter.com/5FcY5IMXvaHere's the rest of what I had previously written about Chancellor and his hip, though it may not be relevant now:
— Kameron (@Kam_Chancellor) March 26, 2014
Given that it's still late March, and that the surgery is being described as minor, it seems like it shouldn't cause Chancellor to miss the start of training camp, let alone any regular season games. It's also not all that surprising that Chancellor needs work done on his hip, as these problems extend back to at least the 2012 season.
Before it was determined last summer that Percy Harvin needed surgery, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said they were hopeful the receiver might be able to play through the injury, noting that Chancellor had played through something similar in the past.
""Kam Chancellor made it through and he's OK," Carroll said in July. "We know that there's a chance it can be all right, so we just have to keep our fingers crossed—we're pretty optimistically minded around here—and try to take as much time as we need to make a really good decision to take care of him in the best way possible."
Chancellor showed up on the injury report with a hip injury a few times late in the season and during the playoffs, but did not miss a regular season or postseason game in 2013. In fact Chancellor was arguably Seattle's best defensive player in the postseason, so whatever pain he was feeling didn't affect his play.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.