Ross said that the teams have decided to play Wednesday's softball game in Sedro-Woolley and both the softball and baseball games against La Conner on Friday. Both games on Friday are at Darrington H.S.
"We wanted to give the community something to watch and support," Ross said.
One small note from the sports world involving the Oso mudslide. Darrington baseball player Quinton Kuntz and his family were possibly spared because of some fortuitous timing. The Loggers game was rescheduled as an away game on Saturday in Tacoma, and the family left their home 45 minutes before the slide to go to the game. The slide wiped out the Kuntz's neighborhood.
"I thank God the home game we had scheduled got moved to an away game or I know ... some of our athletes and their families would be gone since their homes are gone," Ross said via email on Monday.
Ross said that all coaches and players were safe and accounted for after the slide.
To read more on the Kuntz and the slide, click here.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.