Red Cross volunteers to collect donations for Oso mudslide relief at Saturday’s Sounders game
The team announced that American Red Cross volunteers will collect donations at Saturday night’s game against Columbus, and that the first $15,000 raised will be matched by the Paul G Allen Family Foundation and Hanauer Family Foundations.
Here’s the full release from the team with more info:
RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Sounders FC will partner with the American Red Cross to collect donations for Disaster Relief this Saturday, March 29 at CenturyLink Field prior to the first kick of the Sounders FC versus Columbus Crew match.
Volunteers from American Red Cross will be collecting donations at various gates, along Occidental Avenue and throughout the stadium.
Fans can also donate by visiting www.redcross.org or text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation and Hanauer Family Foundation will match donations collected on Saturday up to $15,000.
A gift to the American Red Cross will help people affected by disasters like the Oso Mudslide and countless other emergencies. These gifts enable the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from disasters big and small.
For more information visit at www.redcross.org
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
- Seahawks Super Bowl practice report for Wednesday Jan. 28
- Seahawks-Patriots Wednesday injury report Jan. 28
- Seahawks CB Richard Sherman goes after Roger Goodell... again Jan. 28
- Seahawks CB and free-agent-to-be Byron Maxwell on being "the prettiest girl at the dance right now" Jan. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.