Additional federal aid for mudslide granted
Viet Shelton, spokesman for Rep. Suzan DelBene, said the request was granted Friday morning. Inslee asked for an expansion of a federal emergency declaration the state received earlier this week.
Inslee issued the request Thursday for additional help that would come from an expanded declaration, including helping local and state government agencies recover a portion of the estimated $4.5 million expected to be spent on emergency response, protective measures and debris removal related to Saturday’s mudslide. Military Department spokeswoman Karina Shagren said that debris removal costs were not included in the federal approval, but that state officials are still working on securing that additional money.
The declaration that was received Monday provided federal disaster teams, other personnel and equipment.
- To be human and journalist 3/29/15
- Disaster response bill likely to pass 3/24/15
- Messages of love lift up from Oso 3/23/15
- ‘Oso strong’ spirit a great example for all 3/22/15
- United Way, Red Cross continue work to aid recovery 3/22/15
- These towns still stand 3/22/15
- 'All I can say is thank you;' Oso survivors meet their rescuers 3/22/15
- Slide survivor Tim Ward reflects on a year accomplished 3/22/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.