See all of the contestants.
Ken Hughes took the photo above on Christmas morning at Wyatt County Park on Lake Stevens. He was heading home after dropping his son off to take the employee bus up to Stevens Pass. He saw that a good sunrise was likely, so he found a good spot and waited for the best light.
Do you have photos to share? Post them to our reader galleries at www.heraldnet.com/yourphotos.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- How — and why — backcountry skiers find snow all year Aug. 30
- 3-hour course helps you take better nature photos Aug. 29
- Celebrate end of the summer climbing season at Mount Rainier Aug. 28
- Boardman Lake is a short, easy trail to pretty mountain lake Aug. 27
- Kids learn about water and science at Everett Parks summer camp Aug. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.