See all of the contestants.
Ken Hughes took the photo above on Christmas morning at Wyatt County Park on Lake Stevens. He was heading home after dropping his son off to take the employee bus up to Stevens Pass. He saw that a good sunrise was likely, so he found a good spot and waited for the best light.
Do you have photos to share? Post them to our reader galleries at www.heraldnet.com/yourphotos.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.