See all of the contestants.
Ken Hughes took the photo above on Christmas morning at Wyatt County Park on Lake Stevens. He was heading home after dropping his son off to take the employee bus up to Stevens Pass. He saw that a good sunrise was likely, so he found a good spot and waited for the best light.
Do you have photos to share? Post them to our reader galleries at www.heraldnet.com/yourphotos.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Q&A: How photographer created stunning image of the Enchantments Oct. 7
- How to help rescuers see you if you're lost at night Oct. 5
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.