Baby rescued from Oso mudslide recovering
The hospital said Sunday that Duke Suddarth remains in the intensive care unit.
His mother, 25-year-old Amanda Skorjanc, is in satisfactory condition at the hospital.
Three men rescued from the March 22 slide also are at the hospital. A 37-year-old is in serious condition in intensive care. An 81-year-old is in serious condition in intensive care. And a 58-year-old is in satisfactory condition.
The family of the mother and baby released a statement through the hospital: We are so grateful to all the responders who jeopardized their safety in order to pull Duke and Amanda out of the debris. Words alone cannot tell you how thankful we are. Our hearts and support continue to go out to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy.
- Oso, surrounding communities to receive state Medal of Valor 3/2/15
- Progress that honors victims 3/1/15
- Landslide Forum aims to bridge knowledge gap 2/28/15
- Senate passes bill for expanded mapping of hazardous areas 2/27/15
- Bicycle ride alters course to raise funds for slide victims 2/25/15
- Mudslide communities to be awarded state Medal of Valor 2/19/15
- Deadline extended for people to donate to mudslide relief effort 2/17/15
- Project Linus volunteers create blankets for children in crisis 2/13/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.