Baby rescued from Oso mudslide recovering
The hospital said Sunday that Duke Suddarth remains in the intensive care unit.
His mother, 25-year-old Amanda Skorjanc, is in satisfactory condition at the hospital.
Three men rescued from the March 22 slide also are at the hospital. A 37-year-old is in serious condition in intensive care. An 81-year-old is in serious condition in intensive care. And a 58-year-old is in satisfactory condition.
The family of the mother and baby released a statement through the hospital: “We are so grateful to all the responders who jeopardized their safety in order to pull Duke and Amanda out of the debris. Words alone cannot tell you how thankful we are. Our hearts and support continue to go out to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy.”
- Disaster response bill likely to pass 3/24/15
- Messages of love lift up from Oso 3/23/15
- ‘Oso strong’ spirit a great example for all 3/22/15
- United Way, Red Cross continue work to aid recovery 3/22/15
- These towns still stand 3/22/15
- 'All I can say is thank you;' Oso survivors meet their rescuers 3/22/15
- Slide survivor Tim Ward reflects on a year accomplished 3/22/15
- Public safety officials learned lessons from Oso catastrophe 3/22/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.