Baby rescued from Oso mudslide recovering
The hospital said Sunday that Duke Suddarth remains in the intensive care unit.
His mother, 25-year-old Amanda Skorjanc, is in satisfactory condition at the hospital.
Three men rescued from the March 22 slide also are at the hospital. A 37-year-old is in serious condition in intensive care. An 81-year-old is in serious condition in intensive care. And a 58-year-old is in satisfactory condition.
The family of the mother and baby released a statement through the hospital: “We are so grateful to all the responders who jeopardized their safety in order to pull Duke and Amanda out of the debris. Words alone cannot tell you how thankful we are. Our hearts and support continue to go out to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy.”
- Darrington mayor receives national award for leadership 4/30/15
- New technology can help reduce risks from landslides 4/26/15
- Anonymous gift pays off Oso mudslide survivor's mortgage 4/22/15
- Governor signs law for geologic hazards mapping 4/17/15
- County public works and WSDOT win award for post-mudslide road rebuild 4/13/15
- Landslide-mapping bill approved and sent to governor 4/8/15
- Mortgages still on the books for homes wiped out by Oso disaster 4/3/15
- WSU students travel to help Stilly Valley communities 4/2/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.