The event, which takes place at the Darrington Community Center, is an event for the community and team members, so this post isn’t so fans should attend, but rather to highlight a little bit of good the teams are doing for a community still recovering from disaster. As I wrote in Saturday’s Herald, Darrington is a very resilient town, but also one very much in need of a little break, a diversion, and hopefully that’s what seeing Seahawks and Sounders players can provide today.
Here’s a statement from the Seahawks: "We are here to offer support and encouragement to this community as privately as possible. It is our privilege to come along side these residents to offer a brief distraction, free of questions and cameras. We urge the "12s" to join us and give to the relief efforts. Please donate at RedCross.org."
- Timber company says it bears no responsibility in Oso mudslide 10/2/15
- Applause 9/11/15
- Judge limits extent of claims in Oso mudslide litigation 8/26/15
- Victims of Oso mudslide still await buyouts, 16 months later 8/3/15
- Oso survivors pay forward support they once received 7/13/15
- Couple shared tragedy, loss of Oso, but found love 7/5/15
- Oso mudslide trial pushed to June 2016 7/2/15
- Study: Real cause of Oso mudslide still unknown 6/27/15
- $6.6 million from feds to buy properties destroyed by Oso slide 6/24/15
- Guide cancels controversial raft tour because of lower water levels 6/22/15
- Landslides take a toll on state’s economy 6/21/15
- In Darrington, a slide reunion means laughter, tears 6/20/15
- County Council likely to extend the slide-zone building moratorium 6/18/15
- Oso mudslide volunteers and responders rekindle friendships at reunion 6/17/15
- Retired first responders will speak with those affected by Oso 6/10/15
- Families of Oso slide victims plan to sue slide tour company 6/9/15
- Is county responsible for Oso? Judge begins sorting through claims 6/4/15
- Oso General Store in danger of closing 5/20/15
- Exhibit shows vivid images of Oso before and after slide 5/13/15
- Delayed disaster response in Oso prompts new law 5/8/15
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.