But some good will also come out of that rivalry this weekend thanks to the Timbers and their fans. As was the case at Seattle’s home game last week, Red Cross volunteers will be on hand at Providence Park to collect donations for disaster relief in Oso.
This isn’t the beginning of a kinder, gentler Timbers-Sounders rivalry, but a nice reminder that even the most passionate fans can see beyond the game and do some good in the real world, even if that real world is in the backyard of their biggest rivals.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.